Friday, July 11, 2014

Riot Girl of the Week: Kimberly Mccollin

Kimberly wearing  earrings
by Colour Riot Jewelry 
Today we're continuing our series on the fab women who wear Colour Riot Jewelry. Meet Kimberly.. 

Who are you in two sentences or less? What makes you, “you”?

Ha! This question is weird! But I always ask people what they like the most about me and they always say my funny, good natured personality. And that’s true. I bring humor to almost everything- it makes things lighter because it’s never that serious. But I’m no clown. Lol.

Describe your personal style?

I don‘t think I have a personal style. I just like what I like in any given moment and this can be influenced by current trends or not. It can also be influenced by who I think is hot at the time! Like right now im really feeling Kim K’s classy, sleek look and well I’ve always loved Rihanna’s risky, but sexy, confident style.

But generally, I love colour and print; bright colours to be exact. My base colour is gold as I usually style my outfit around it. Don’t really like silver too much. Gold to me is glam. I hate blue though, I don’t wear it and I don’t know why.

With regard to accessories, I love big. I prefer big earrings to a big chain any day.


What's the thing that you're most passionate about right now?

Politics. I just have this burning feeling in my chest to contribute and make this place that I love so much better for everyone. It hurts me to see us degenerate in this way as a people. I really think that we deserve better and we are better than that.


What's your mantra for life? What words do you live by?

You have to do what you HAVE to do. I do things that I don’t always like doing, like saving lol, but I HAVE to do it so I make sure and do it.

Be happy. There are people who have less than I have and are happy anyway. That really gets me going

This may sound cliché but I also really like YOLO. This is what guides me when I doubt myself on things I want to do; like travelling, trying new food and taking risks.


Why do you love Colour Riot Jewelry?
Kimberly's custom bangles
by Colour Riot Jewelry

I love the colour and the print! Those two things are what catch my eye when I look for clothing and accessories. Colour Riot is awesome because it combines the two. I also like that’s it not uniform in any way. The bangles vary in size, texture and print and I think that makes them exciting.

Anything else you'd like to add?


Keep making more stuff girl! Colour Riot rocks!  

No comments: