Monday, September 10, 2012

Where I've been

It's been a long time.. I shouldn't have left you...

It was so hard getting this post started because I can't really say why I'd stopped posting here as often as I should.

I have this desire to create things and I haven't been able to shake it.   Lord knows I've tried.

I've told myself that I couldn't make the money that I needed off the stuff that I make. That I wasn't talented or skilled enough. But what broke through all of those thoughts was that desire to create things.

Gladiatrix Necklace and Earrings by Isis Jewelry
The ideas for   jewelry that would pop into my head at the most random moments of the day. Ideas that I couldn't ignore. There's a curious voice inside me too. Asking myself, I wonder if I can make that, I wonder if It will look like what it looks like in my head. Eventually the idea always wins against my doubtful thoughts and I'd have a new piece.

So I've decided to stop fighting. To stop fighting that desire inside of me that wants to create and that curiosity inside of me that wonders if my ideas for jewelry will be as awesome in the real world as they are in my head.

So here we go! This will be a fun ride.

No comments: